“Branson Insider Tips” is based on information gathered personally from local Branson contacts, the “Branson experts” at the Branson Tourism Center, the Branson CVB, social media sites and other sources. They are offered in the spirit of providing Branson visitors with some tips and highlights of what will be happening in Branson during the month of May that they can use in planning a trip to Branson.
1. Featured Show: Clay Cooper’s Country Express is perennially one of Branson’s most popular shows. “This show is chock full of variety, including New York’s number one cowboy, the trick roping and gun slinging Johnny Lonestar, and a fantastic live, seven piece band. Clay’s multi-talented wife, Tina, leads a dazzling group of dancers, and other featured performers including Colt Cooper, and Oklahoma’s little sweetheart, Ezrah Noell. Of course the show stars and is hosted by one of Branson’s most talented and engaging performers, the incomparable Clay Cooper!”
2. Special Dining Tips: Recently, on their Facebook Page, the Branson Tourism Center asked the question, “Where is the one restaurant / cafe you have to eat at when you come to Branson?” With 95 people responding “Danna’s BBQ” was recommended the most, but the majority of comments provide some neat information on a variety of Branson’s top restaurants not available anywhere else. Click here to view the post and comments.
3. Limited Engagement Performances:
Gene Watson Appearing At Larry’s Country Diner
Jimmy Fortune Appearing At Larry’s Country Diner
4. White Water debuts its new $1.7 million KaPau Plummet thrill ride: When White water opens for its 2014 season on May 17, it will debut its new four story high thrill ride KaPau Plummet. It starts with you standing on a clear acrylic floor looking down at where you are about to fall, waiting, anticipating the time at which that floor drops out underneath you and you fall at an angle of 70 degrees, reaching speeds of 26 feet per second as you traverse the 240 feet of the slide down four stories through a translucent tube.
5. Unique Mother’s Day Dinner Cruise: Treat Mom to a very special and unique Mother’s Day Dinner by taking her on a special dinner cruise aboard Main Street Lakes Cruises’ 100 foot luxury yacht the Landing Princess. In addition to a special Mother’s Day Menu and complimentary Champagne, Mom can relax while leisurely cruising on beautiful Lake Taneycomo amid the beauty of the Ozarks with those she cherishes.
6. Silver Dollar City Bluegrass & Barbeque Festival: This festival, held from May 8 through June 1, features some of the top names in Bluegrass music such as Rhonda Vincent and Rage, the James King Band and dozens more along with mouthwatering BBQ. Of course all this is in addition to everything else the international award winning theme park offers on a daily basis.
7. The Shindig Shuffle: As part of the Ozark Mountain Shindig, Branson shows and entertainers, with the cooperation of Branson visitors, will attempt to perform the world’s longest line dance on Saturday, May 31, 2014 between 10:30 PM and 11:30 PM.
For information on these and the many other shows, attractions, events and shopping that Branson has to offer please feel free to contact the “Branson experts” at the Branson Tourism Center by calling 1-800-875-1550 daily from 8:00 AM to 9:30 PM CST.