Over 12,000 people who have ‘Liked’ our Facebook page and have, at one time or another, interacted with us to get or share information about our favorite town, Branson, Missouri,” said, Annette Wood, Director of Sales and Marketing, Branson Tourism Center. “Earlier this week we asked the question, ‘Why should someone who has never been to Branson before pick it for their family vacation this year?’ We think that some of the responses, in the words of people that we believe have been to Branson, are insightful, particularly to those who have never shared a Branson vacation with their families before,” she added.
Here is a list of six of the reasons along with the supporting response from the post:
1. Family Friendly – Stacy Smith-Frost: Because it is family friendly! I can bring my two girls to Branson and know the shows I watch are going to be clean and good for my girls!
2. Wide Variety of Fun Things to Do – Patricia Eidschun: There is such a wide variety of fun things that can be done in Branson: great food, water fun for kids, beautiful music for the entire family, friendly atmosphere to name a few.
3. Kids Love It – Amy Sooter: Because my kids have been to Disney world and they say Branson is also the best place on Earth!! We love it.
4. Genuineness – Tammy Mullins Witte: There’s just so much to do for all ages of the family! We usually need a vacation to rest after a week in Branson because we’re just going, going, going. Another reason we love Branson is no matter where we go in town, we’re not treated like “just another tourist”. Everyone seems genuinely glad we’re there. Branson is our favorite vacation spot.
5. Create Precious Family Memories – Susie Edge: Because you said “family” and Branson screams family! I have the most precious memories of several family vacations to Branson!!!!
6. Relaxation – Diane Sartori Kelemen: For years there were people around me going to Branson and raving about it. I thought, what’s the big deal? Sounds like another tourist place. Well, we finally went, and now I get it. There is something about all the sights and sounds and things to do …like a mini Vegas with lights! It is crowded, but you don’t care, because it comes with a sense of relaxation. Everyone is friendly, and there is plenty to do. It takes repeated trips to do it all, so it can be a new adventure every time you visit.
The words, “For years there were people around me going to Branson and raving about it. I thought, what’s the big deal? Sounds like another tourist place. Well, we finally went, and now I get it,” in number 6 above, is a common reaction of first time Branson visitors. It sums up the feelings of those who have heard about Branson for years and once they came, for all of the reasons mentioned above and more, “Got It.”