Whether its lakes, live entertainment, attractions or shopping, Branson, Missouri is known for both the quality and variety of all it offers. On any given day during the season Branson visitors have a choice of almost 100 live shows of every kind and, in similar fashion, on almost any day of the year that weather permits, they have many choices of places to tee off for a great round of golf. Here’s five tips that we hope will help lead you to a great Branson golfing experience:
- Golf is available year round – Weather permitting, golf is available on the vast majority of Branson’s golf courses year around. On many days, even in January and February, Branson’s comparatively mild winters permit play. That has especially been the case this winter. Of course starting March and running through early November, the weather the vast majority of days is ideal for golfing.
- Branson Has two par 3 courses – With the increasing popularity of par three golf it should be noted that Branson offers two par three courses. The “Don Gardner Par 3 Course” is a nine hole course with holes ranging from 82 to 182 yards in length that is operated by the city of Branson and is open year round. The “Top of the Rock Par 3 Course” is a nine hole championship course with holes ranging from 117 to 202 yards in length, depending on which set of tees are used, operated by Bass Pro Shops at its Big Cedar Resort. It became the first par 3 course ever used in an official tournament when 36 holes of the 54 hole “PGA Champions Tour Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf at Big Cedar Lodge Tournament” was played on it last year. PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem, said, “If there was ever a Par-3 course worthy of PGA Tour tournament play, Top of the Rock is it.”
- Branson has six 18 hole golf courses – There are six conveniently located 18 hole golf courses These include “Holiday Hills,” “LedgeStone Country Club,” “Pointe Royale Golf Club,”” Payne Stewart Golf Club,” Thousand Hills and the “Buffalo Ridge Springs Golf Course,” formerly known as “Branson Creek.”
- Two of Branson’s 18 hole courses have been on “Golfweek’s Best Courses You Can Play in Missouri List – The Payne Stewart Golf Club was the No. 1 course in Missouri on “Golfweek’s 2013 Best Courses You Can Play List” with “Branson Creek” as No. 2. Although Branson Creek has undergone substantial renovation and has been renamed the “Buffalo Ridge Springs Golf Course,” it is a PGA Championship course used in the “PGA Champions Tour Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf at Big Cedar Lodge Tournament.”
- All this great golf is located minutes away from all that Branson offers – Although all these courses are within a 20 minute drive of the Branson Strip, four of them “Pointe Royale Golf Club,”” Payne Stewart Golf Club,” “Thousand Hills” and “Don Gardner Par 3 Course” are within five minutes from the Branson Strip providing the ultimate flexibility to combine an ultimate golfing adventure with everything else Branson offers into a truly unique and memorable experience.
For more information on golfing in Branson, lodging located on the edge of course fairways, or Branson shows, attractions and other activities, including tickets and reservations, please feel free to contact the Branson Tourism Center by calling 1-800-785-1550 or through its website, www.BransonTourismCenter.com .