“Branson is packed with shows, attractions, shopping, and other activities for families to enjoy together,” said Annette Wood, Director of Sales and Marketing for the Branson Tourism Center (BTC), one of Branson’s largest and most respected vacation planning services. “That said, we thought it would be interesting to see which of those activities people thought would be of the most interest to children between 8 and 10 years of age,” she continued.
To get the answer, BTC turned to those participating in their social media channels, particularly BTC’s Facebook page, and asked the question, “If you were bringing an 8 to 10 year old child to Branson, what is the #1 attraction, show, or activity you would want them to see?” Dozens of Branson shows, attractions, and activities were named. Here’s the list of the five most popular things people thought 8 to 10 year olds coming to Branson would like to see:
1. Silver Dollar City: The number one activity was Branson’s oldest and most popular paid attraction, Silver Dollar City. It is constantly adding new reasons for families to come to the park and create special family memories that will last a lifetime. This year it added “Fireman’s Landing;” it contains 10 new rides and activities that families can share together; most of which are perfect for children between 8 and 10 years old.
2. Dixie Stampede: One of Branson’s most popular shows, Dixie Stampede offers families a wonderful feast, a great show featuring horses, pageantry, and action along with a friendly competition that appeals to all ages.
3. Ride The Ducks: This extremely popular attraction is a boatload of fun for the whole family aboard a WW II style amphibious DUKW, a.k.a. “The Duck.” During the 60 to 70 minute adventure, you will enjoy a tour narrated by a U.S. Coast Guard licensed Captain, who is every bit as good at entertaining as they are at being a driver and captain. You’ll especially enjoy the big Splashdown into either Table Rock Lake or Lake Taneycomo. After the Splashdown, there is an opportunity for the kids to drive the Duck in the water. The area covered by the tour and the lake of the Splashdown depends on whether you board Ride The Ducks at Branson Landing or their Highway 76 location.
4. White Water: With over 13-acres and 2 million gallons of water, White Water is a wet, tropically-themed, wonderland of fun and adventure for the whole family! Whether it’s Splashaway Cay and Coconut Grove for the smaller children and toddlers, the excitement of sliding down the seven story Kalani Towers, or the thrill of the drops and speed of rides such as KaPau Plummet, Pipeline Plunge, or the Raging River Rapids, there is an adventure for every member of the family at White Water.
5. The Track Family Fun Parks: Go karts, water bumper boats, and miniature golf were mentioned quite a bit as a favorite activity for this age group. The Track Family Fun Parks offers each of those activities in a variety of forms. In go-karts alone, they offer rides all the way from Kiddie, Classic, and Rookie go-karts, to the four-story high steel and concrete Heavy Metal High Rise.
For additional information on these and other Branson attractions and shows, please contact the Branson Tourism Center, one of Branson’s largest and most respected vacation planning services, by calling 1-800-785-1550, or by visiting www.BransonTourismCenter.com.