When he’s not supervising his elves at the North Pole, Santa loves to spend time in Branson where he can not only rest and be entertained, prior to his long night’s journey and work on Christmas Eve, but do what he loves to do most. That’s meeting all the children who live in Branson and those visiting, during Ozark Mountain Christmas, to find out what they want him to bring them for Christmas. Here’s a list of five places and the times* where kids can meet Santa Claus in Branson:
1. Branson Tourism Center: Give the kids a break, and help get them into the Christmas spirit, on Black Friday, November 25, 2016, with a visit to see Santa Claus at the Branson Tourism Center, one of his favorite places outside of the North Pole. After they visit with Santa, and have the chance to tell him what they would like him to bring them for Christmas, they will receive a complimentary souvenir photo of their visit. It’s all free and there are no photos to buy. It’s just the Branson Tourism Center’s way of saying, “Merry Christmas!”
2. Silver Dollar City’s Old Time Christmas: Santa will be in his workshop on Santa Claus Lane through Dec. 23, where he’ll be waiting for children to come and tell him what they are hoping he will bring them for Christmas this year. Santa and his elves will be there from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM and 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM on Thursday, Friday and Sunday; except for Thanksgiving Day where he will be there from 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM and 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM; and Saturdays and November 25 when he will be in his shop from 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM and 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM.
3. Branson Landing Town Square: Santa will be found in his “Christmas Tree House,” underneath the 50 foot Christmas Tree at the Town Square, from 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM Sunday through Thursday, except for Thanksgiving Day and from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM on Friday and Saturday, except for Nov. 23 and Dec. 24 when the hours will be 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Santa takes a break from 3:00 PM to 3:45 PM each day to feed his reindeer.
4. Kringles Christmas Store: Until Dec. 23 Santa is scheduled to visit Kringles in the Grand Village Shops Wednesday through Sunday from at least 11:00 AM through 4:00 PM and later some days. Please call (417) 337-5426 if there are any questions.
5. Bass Pro Shops at Branson Landing: Santa will be at “Santa’s Wonderland,” filled with free games, crafts and activities, at Bass Pro Shops until December 24. He will be available weekdays from 5:00 PM to 8 PM through December 3 and from 10:AM to 8:00 PM December 4 through December 22. On weekends, he will be available from 10:00 AM until 8:00 PM, on Saturday, and from Noon to 5:00 PM on Sundays. Thanksgiving Week he will be available from 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM November 23; 10:00 AM to 5 PM Thanksgiving Day, 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM on November 26 and 27; and from Noon to 5:00 PM on November 27. As he prepares to return to the North Pole Santa will be available from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM on December 23, and from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on December 24. Each child will be given a free 4×6 studio quality portrait.
They are all free, except for Silver Dollar City where a visit with Santa is included in the price of admission as part of its “Old Time Christmas Festival.” Ho, Ho, Ho, and a Merry Christmas to all!
* Schedules subject to change