Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 10. Many Moms share Branson with their families and children every day simply because it is a great place their families to relax, have fun, be entertained and establish memories that can last a lifetime. Some of the same reasons Moms pick Branson for their families, with more of emphasis on the “Mom” aspects, makes it a wonderful place to bring Mom on “her day.”
There is just something extra special about honoring Mom in Branson and being surrounded by its “America’s hometown” spirit. Here’s five reasons why Mom might love to spend Mother’s Day in Branson:
1. Special Mother’s Day Brunch – Although many Branson restaurants and buffets will be having special Mother’s Day offerings, the Mother’s Day Brunches offered at Chateau on the Lake and the College of the Ozark’s Keeter Center have become a special Mother’s day tradition that is truly a special way to make her the center of attention and say “Thanks” for all she does for the family every day.
2. Showboat Branson Belle – Give Mom the gift of food, fun, entertainment and the scenic beauty of the Ozarks with a cruise on Table Rock Lake aboard the Showboat Branson Belle. In addition to its dinner, all prepared aboard the boat, Mom will be treated to the “Celebrate Blue,” show featuring “Rhythm,” a new four-man dance troupe with the fastest feet west of the Mississippi, one of Branson’s favorite lovely ladies of song, Cassandré Faimon-Haygood, the ShowMen and a live band all hosted by Christopher James, a gifted magician with an unbeatable sense of humor.
3. Mother’s Day Jazz Concert at Branson Landing Fountains – The Blue Springs High School Jazz Band will present a jazz concert at the Branson Landing Fountains in conjunction with the noon performance of the $7.5 million Fountain Show featuring “the first-ever merging of water, fire, light and music” with its dazzling interplay of Water Fountains shooting 120-foot geysers and fire cannons blasting, all choreographed to light and music.”
4. Shopping – From the nostalgic and unique shopping offered by “Dicks 5 & 10” in historic downtown Branson to the great shopping offered at Branson Landing, Tanger Outlets, The Shoppes at Branson Meadows and dozens of other retail and specialty stores, Mom will be able to “shop until she drops.” OK, we know it, she can have a great shopping experience in Branson anytime, but it’s kind of “extra special” on Mother’s Day.
5. Branson Shows – From the Acrobats of China, to Clay Cooper’s Country Express, Shoji Tabuchi, Mickey Gilley, Legends in Concert, Puttin’ on the Ritz, New Jersey Nights and many more of Branson’s most popular shows will be open to help celebrate Mother’s Day.
“The majority of Branson’s attractions, including the Titanic Museum Attraction and Silver Dollar City, which will be in the midst of celebrating its Bluegrass & BBQ Festival will be open not only on Mother’s Day, but the entire Mother’s Day Weekend,” said Annette Wood, the Director of Sales and Marketing for the Branson Tourism Center. She also points out that there are special saving available by bundling shows, attractions and lodging together in packages like the Mother’s Day Package with lodging at the Welk Resort, choice of shows, dining and more..
For additional information on what’s going on in Branson on Mother’s Day or any of Branson’s shows, attractions or lodging please feel free to contact the Branson Tourism Center by calling 1-800-785-1550 or through its website, www.BransonTourismCenter.com .