From Silver Dollar City to Branson Landing and the top of Mount Branson, Branson will be aglow with the spirit and lights of Christmas on trees, poles, and displays during Ozark Mountain Christmas. Silver Dollar City’s Old Time Christmas is by far Branson’s biggest light display, with more than five million Christmas lights transforming the 1880’s styled theme park into a glittering Christmas wonderland.
Next, in terms of total lights and displays, as well as excitement and fun, would be the Drive-thru Christmas light displays. Here are five things you should know about Branson’s Drive-thru displays:
1. The two largest and most unique: Ozark Mountain Christmas Lights and Village and Trail of Lights are the biggest and most unique Branson Drive-thru displays, with each providing a totally different experience from the other.
2. Operation Schedule/Hours of operation: Ozark Mountain Christmas Lights and Village will be open from 5:30 PM to 11:30 PM, seven days a week from November 5 through December 27. The Trail of Lights will be open from 5:30 PM to Midnight, seven days a week from November 1 through December 31.
3. Trail of Lights Overview: Drive through the historic Shepherd of the Hills Homestead with Christmas light displays that run from touchingly subtle to elaborate and exciting, themes from traditional to contemporary, and employing brilliant lights, delightful animation, and your favorite holiday music. They include characters in different types of buildings…you can take a peek at the Christmas-time activities taking place inside; many animated scenes, and many magnificently lighted displays. Also included is a trip to the top of the 230 foot Inspiration Tower with it’s a sensational view of Branson all aglow with holiday cheer!
4. Ozark Mountain Christmas Lights and Village Overview: Your adventure starts with a leisurely drive through, a magical musical mile and a half of hundreds of thousands of glittering, glowing Christmas lights on amazing displays. This unique drive-thru offers options other than driving through in your own vehicle, such as two-seater scooters, or in a carriage or wagon pulled by a Clydesdale!
And the amazing holiday experience at Ozark Mountain Christmas Lights and Village isn’t over after you drive through; an incredible Christmas village awaits you at the end! Discover 6,000 square feet of holiday cheer that stimulates the senses…hear the Christmas music…see the beautiful decor…smell the delicious aromas…taste the tantalizing treats like gourmet hot chocolate or hot cider, freshly made kettle corn and Bavarian nuts, and other tempting sweets and treats.”
In addition, the village has several complimentary features, like Selfies with Santa, occasional storytelling sessions with Branson historian, author, and storyteller extraordinaire, Bud Lynn; and a stunning, life-sized animated nativity to remind us all of the true reason for this glorious season. And, for a few belly laughs, check out the cacklin’ animated chickens that sing Christmas songs! Other activities available include family photos taken by a professional photographer, and the North Pole Express, a train ride that kids and adults can enjoy together!
5. Branson Christmas Shows and Drive-thru Christmas displays: The hours of operation of the drive-thru displays allow plenty of time to see one of Branson’s Great Christmas shows, whether you go to the show before or after; what better way to experience Christmas in Branson than by combining both!
For additional information on Branson’s drive-thru Christmas light displays or shows or for lodging arrangements, please contact the Branson Tourism Center, one of Branson’s largest and most respected vacation planning services by calling 1-800-785-1550, or by visiting www.BransonTourismCenter.com.